AIR TRAVEL & CAR RENTAL
Complete your United air travel from September 7 – 18, 2019 and receive a discount off their published fares. Visit www.united.com and enter ZH8Z446672 in the Offer Code box to receive your discount.
AIR, WATER & DRAIN
Compressed air supply and water and drain facilities will be provided by Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Orders should be placed and paid for in advance using the Plumbing Service Order Form no later than August 23. Any questions should be directed to 847-696-2208.
ANIMALS & PETS
No animals are permitted except as an approved exhibit. Exhibitors that are planning to have pets as part of their exhibit must obtain prior approval from Donald E. Stephens CC. Service animals are permitted as required by law.
AUDIO VISUAL &
To rent audio visual or computer equipment use the A/V Computer & Data Display Supplier Form or contact Tom Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitor Badges: All exhibitors will require a badge to gain entry to the exhibit area. Exhibitor Badges are no additional charge. Exhibitors should order them in advance by completing the Exhibitor Registration Form no later than September 4th. Badges will not be mailed and can be picked up Exhibitor Registration located in the Lobby. Badges allow access to the exhibit area during set-up, open show days and dismantling, as well as entry to the free seminars.
Attendee Badges: These will include a two dimensional (2D) high density bar code, which will have all their vital contact information for download using the Lead Retrieval System.
BALLOONS AND HELIUM FILLED ITEMS
Helium & Mylar balloons are prohibited at all times. Decorative balloons must be air filled.
BOOTH DESIGN REQUIREMENTS & REGULATIONS
All booths must be in keeping with the environment of FEChicago as a whole.
- Flooring: The entire floor space of all booths will be carpeted. Exhibitors can bring their own flooring.
- Linear Booth Spaces: The back section cannot exceed 8’ and any sidewall in the front half of the booth may not be higher than 4’.
- Emerging Brands Pavilion: The back section cannot exceed 8’and any sidewall may not be higher than 4’.
- Island Booth Spaces: Island booths have a maximum exhibit height of 16’. See Engineering below regarding exhibits, booths, signs, partitions and display properties exceeding 12 feet in height.
- Engineering: All exhibits and other components over 12’ (3.66 m) must be engineered appropriate to their use and constructed from drawings bearing the stamp of a reviewing structural engineer.
- Signage: Signage must be limited to the interior of the booth space. Booth spaces 400 sq. ft. or larger may hang signs above their booth. See Labor for rates and instructions.
- Appearance: In order to protect the interests of ALL exhibitors and the integrity of the Show, any display deemed unprofessional in appearance, at the sole discretion of Show Management, will not be permitted.
- Display Material: Displays and graphics may not interfere with attendee line of sight for neighboring booths. Such items in the front half of a linear booth may not exceed 4’ in height. All materials used in the construction exhibits and all decorative materials within the exhibit must be of non-combustible or flame retardant materials. Display materials, signs, etc. may not be affixed directly on drapes.
- Building Columns: Columns may not be used by the exhibitor for any purpose whatsoever.
BOOTH DISPLAYS & RENTAL EXHIBITS
Rosemont Exposition Services has booth displays available for rent. Please see the Rental Exhibit Order Form for more details.
BOOTH IDENTIFICATION SIGN
A FREE booth identification sign will be provided to each exhibitor in a linear booth space.
BOOTH SET UP PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS
- Exhibitor set-up is Thursday, September 12 from 8 am to 5 pm. Exhibitors placing orders on-site should expect to wait several hours before receiving all services. There is no set up on Friday.
- An Exhibitor can only bring material onto the show floor if they can hand carry or use nothing larger than a two-wheel case equal or less than 10’ in length. If your freight requires multiple trips, you must have it delivered to the loading dock and material handling fees will be charged. (See Material Handling & Drayage)
- Exhibitor owned and operated vehicles and small vans are permitted direct access to the loading dock however; union personnel are responsible for the loading and unloading of all vehicles. All vehicles MUST check in at RES Marshalling yard at 10005 Balmoral Ave. Rosemont, IL. before proceeding to the loading dock. If you wish to carry in your own material you must park across the street of the center in the parking lot.
- An Exhibitor may install and/or dismantle his own display.
- Booth carpet is included with booth space. If you bring your own floor covering, it must cover your entire exhibit space.
- When your crates are empty, obtain Empty stickers from the Rosemont Exhibition Service Desk located in the front of the Hall. Use labels to mark your crates with your company name and booth number. Leave the containers in the aisles for pick-up and storage. Labeled empties will be returned at the end of the Expo. DO NOT STORE ANYTHING IN CONTAINERS MARKED EMPTY as you will not have access until the Expo has ended.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the show floor during move in or move out. NO EXCEPTIONS. Children under the age of 18 are permitted on the show floor during show days but must be with an adult at all times.
- Exhibit structures should be made of fireproof or flame retardant or treated materials not given to flammability. Expanded foam materials should be fire-retardant.
- Structurally, any built-up booths should have the stamp of a qualified structural engineer attesting to its construction standards.
- All electrical installation should be of standard 3-wire grounded wire in conduit. Particular attention should be paid to neon electrical installation due to high voltage and breakable nature of this type of lighting. Exposed wire of any sort is never allowed.
- All booths constructed within an exhibit hall should provide for the safe exit of occupants. Two means of exit are required from exhibits, rooms, decks or platform areas where:
- The intended occupant load of the exhibit exceeds 50 persons.
- The floor area exceeds 1,600 square feet (148.66 square meters).
- The distance from any point in the floor area to an aisle exceeds 50 feet (15.24 m).
- Stairs should be a minimum of 36” wide and between 4” and 7” in height. Treads should have a minimum run of 11” exclusive of nosing. Handrails should be provided on at least one side of every stairway.
- Structures up to 12’ high must withstand a wind force of 5 pounds per square foot.
- All construction must meet local, state and federally mandated codes.
- All exhibits, towers and other components over 12’ high will be engineered appropriate to their use and constructed from drawings bearing the stamp of a reviewing structural engineer.
BROKER & CONSULTING EXHIBITING REGULATIONS
See Rules & Regulations For Exhibiting.
The Rosemont Business Center is located inside the Hall just to the right as you enter and the phone number is 847-993-4025. Services available include faxing, small package packing, shipping and receiving; office supplies; photocopying, etc. This center is open show days from 10:00am – 4:00pm.
CAR RENTAL & AIR TRAVEL
See Air Travel/Car Rental.
Booth carpet is included with your booth. Color will be blue tuxedo. If you provide your own flooring it must cover their ENTIRE booth space.
Aramark is the exclusive on-site contractor for all catering, concession and alcoholic beverage services. A full range of booth catering is available from Aramark. Refer to the Booth Catering Menu for details. Proper authorization must be secured from Aramark if alcoholic beverages are to be featured for promotional purposes. They can be reached at 847-692-6415.
Hall G - 18 feet. Maximum booth height is 8 feet for all standard linear booths or 16 feet for island booths. However per Rosemont, structures in island booth spaces exceeding 12 feet high must submit a rending of their display and CC email@example.com.
CLEANING - GENERAL & FOR BOOTHS
Daily cleaning services are provided in the exhibit hall, but only include cleaning of aisles and common areas within the show. Exhibitors requiring booth-cleaning service, which includes vacuuming and trash removal once each day should refer to the Booth Cleaning Order Form or call 847-696-2208 and be sure to place order no later than August 23. Exhibitors that will be cooking or distributing food and beverage samples are requested to submit a Daily Porter Service Order Form which includes daily vacuuming as well as trash removal every 2 hours.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM & DISCOUNT REGISTRATION
Exhibitors may wish to attend workshops during the event. Please register using the promo code EXW for a 50% discount. CFE Accreditation Individuals enrolled in the Certified Franchise Executives program will earn 100 education credits towards completion or recertification of the Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) designation by attending these workshops. For more information please email Rose DuPont at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.franchise.org/certification.
DECORATOR SERVICES & GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Rosemont Exhibition Service is the official provider of all decorating services for FEChicago. A listing of their services is available under the Rosemont Exhibition Service tab. Their comprehensive service approach is designed to enhance exhibitor value and ensure a positive and productive show experience.
DISMANTLING IS PROHIBITED PRIOR TO 4 PM ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14. Exhibitors dismantling prior to show closing are subject to a $500.00 fine. Move out is Saturday night, September 14 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Everything must be removed by 8:00 pm on Saturday. Immediately after the show ends, Rosemont Exhibition Service will begin removing aisle carpet which will take up to one hour. It may take a few hours before all empty crates are returned. Exhibitors will be permitted to remove portable exhibits and personal effects from their booths, as long as one person can hand carry the items in one trip. Should any exhibitor, its agent or contractor, fail to remove all their property by the time stipulated, the exhibitor will indemnify Show Management in respect of any claim. Show Management will be entitled, but not obligated, to remove such materials at the cost of the exhibitor who will be liable for all loss and costs thereby incurred. Show Management reserves the right to specify the time at which individual booths and exhibits can be removed.
Rosemont Exhibition Service will be selling tape, display hooks and other items at their service desk.
DRAYAGE & MATERIAL HANDLING
See Material Handling.
DUE DATES FOR SERVICE ORDER FORMS
For your convenience, a checklist and schedule for order placement is included in this manual. See Due Dates under the general information tab.
Electricity will be turned on 30 minutes before the show and turned off 30 minutes after the show closes each day. For 24 hour service add 50% for each outlet. For on-line orders, select both the standard outlet and the 24 hour service outlet. The supply and connection of all electrical services will be carried out by the Rosemont electrical technicians and should be ordered and paid for in advance using the Electrical Services Order Form no later than August 23. Electrical wiring, fittings and flexible cords must be approved by UL (Underwriters Laboratories). All equipment must be properly grounded. Extension cords must be 14 gauge/3 wire grounding type or larger. Only porcelain socket lamps or plastic lamp holders may be used as brass shelled socket lamps are prohibited. Exhibit spot or flood lights must be positioned so as to be unreachable by the public, free from and unattached by any materials or fabric. Any questions regarding electrical service should be directed to Rosemont at 847-696-2208.
The Event Guide is distributed to all FEChicago attendees free of charge. Exhibitors who take space at FEChicago after the event guide due date, should complete their Event Guide Addendum Forms immediately as we will make every attempt to include latecomers in the event guide or addendum. Due date for the Guide is July 30. Please contact Corali Romero at Corali.Romero@comexposium.com or 201-881-1662 with any questions.
EVENT GUIDE ADVERTISING
A limited amount of space has been set-aside in the guide for individual company advertising. Rates are set out with size options on the Event Guide Advertising form. For more information on event guide advertising, please contact Joseph at Joseph.Cammarato@comexposium.com or 201-881-1666.
EXHIBITOR APPOINTED (INDEPENDENT) CONTRACTORS (EAC)
Those exhibitors who employ an EAC for the set-up and dismantling of their exhibit booth displays need to review the convention center’s Appointed Contractor Responsibilities Information. It is the exhibitors' responsibility to see that their independent contractors or agents abide by the rules and regulations of the exhibition. We recommend that all EACs review this exhibitor manual.
- The EAC will be given the right to provide services requested of them by an exhibitor in the set-up and dismantling of the exhibits on the show floor, and will have the right to utilize qualified employees.
- These services will not conflict with existing labor regulations or contracts including jurisdictions claimed by local labor unions. The EAC will adhere to the rules and regulations mentioned elsewhere in the manual.
- The EAC will possess a valid public liability and property damage insurance policy for at least $1,000,000. The certificate of insurance must name MFV Exposition, Rosemont Exposition Services and Donald E. Stephens CC as co-insured and be received by Show Management no later than August 23.
- The EAC will have a valid authorization from an exhibitor in advance of the Show move-in date and will not solicit business on the show floor or during move-in or move-out dates.
- The EAC will share with Rosemont Exposition Services all reasonable costs related to their operation including overtime pay for stewards, restoration of the exhibit space to its initial condition, etc.
- In performing work for their clients, the EAC will cooperate fully with Rosemont Exposition Services especially with regard to the efficient utilization of labor. (See Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Notification & Official Contractors Information Form)
Morning coffee will be available in Hall G for exhibitors each show day from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. Coffee will be served in front of the sales office on the show floor.
EXHIBITOR Liability Insurance
We do not require, although recommend, that you carry general liability coverage from an insurance company in good standing with minimum policy limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. Your current insurance company may offer a rider to your policy specifically for the show.
If you elect to purchase insurance, it must be in force during the lease dates of the event, September 11 – 14, 2019 naming MFV Expositions 208 Harristown Road, Suite 102, Glen Rock, NJ 07452 as the certificate holder. MFV Expositions and the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center & Village of Rosemont shall be named as additional insured.
If you are planning on sampling any product than you are required to have Exhibitor Liability Insurance and everything above applies as well also naming Aramark additional insured.
EXHIBITOR LOUNGE - Sponsored by Entrepreneur Media, Inc.
The exhibitor lounge is located in booth 729. This lounge is exclusively for FEChicago exhibitors. There will be a coffee and tea in the lounge each morning as well as soft drinks throughout the day.
The following minimum fire safety requirements shall apply to all events:
- Balloons: Helium balloons and mylar balloons are prohibited by Rosemont.
- Boats: All boat fuel tanks must be emptied prior to entering Rosemont (except by permit from the Fire Prevention Bureau).
- Combustibles: Literature on display must be limited to reasonable quantities. Reserve supplies should be kept in closed containers and stored in a neat and compact manner.
- No gas cooking appliances are allowed in Rosemont.
- Small electric cook tops, grills and ovens will be allowed for cooking.
- Cooking areas must have 2A10BC type fire extinguishers provided by the exhibitor.
- Exits: All required exits, including entrance and lobby areas of each hall, the center exit pod and the corridors, will be unlocked and kept free of exhibits, tables, desks and all other obstructions during show hours.
- Flame Retardant Treatment: All decorations, drapes, signs, banners, acoustical materials, hay, moss, split bamboo, plastic cloth and similar decorative materials shall be flame retardant. Oilcloth, tar paper, sisal paper, nylon, orlon and other plastic materials that are not retardant are prohibited. The Fire Prevention Bureau will test any questionable material.
- Motor Vehicles: All vehicles parked in Rosemont during an event shall have
- Locking gas caps or gas caps which are taped over their fuel supplies.
- Gas tanks must be reduced to less than one-eighth (1/4) tank full not to exceed (5) gallons.
- The positive lead to the battery must be disconnected.
- Obstructions: Aisles and exits as designated on approved plans must be kept clean and clear of obstructions. Easels, signs, products, chairs, etc., must not be placed beyond the booth area into aisles. All fire hose cabinets, fire extinguishers, pull stations and emergency exits, including those inside an exhibit space, must be visible and accessible at all times.
- Permits: Applications are not required if you:
- Display a vehicle on show floor.
- Display and operate any open flame, flammable liquid device, candles, lanterns, torches, pyrotechnic displays, etc.
- Display or operate an electrical, mechanical or chemical device which may be deemed hazardous by the Fire Department.
- Use flammable liquids, compressed gases, or dangerous chemicals.
- Storage: No flammable liquids, compressed gases or dangerous chemicals shall be stored in Center. Compressed gas cylinders must be secured to prevent toppling. Flammable compressed gas containers are not allowed in the facility.
A First Aid attendant will be on duty 30 minutes before and after show hours. Any emergencies or accidents should be reported to a security guard, Show Management and the Rosemont Exposition Services desk immediately.
A full selection of tropical green plants, floral displays and fresh flowers are available to rent from Rosemont Exposition Services. Please use the Florist Order Form or call 847-696-2208.
FOOD & BEVERAGE SAMPLING
If you are planning to sample food or beverages, you must contact Martin Joksimovic at email@example.com or call 201-881-1658. No food or beverages are permitted in the Convention Center by any exhibitor, installation company or any other entities hired by exhibiting company without prior approval and written authorization by Aramark. THIS INCLUDES BOTTLED WATER!
- Only exhibitors with booths in the trade show exhibit hall may give away sample portions of the product they manufacture, produce or distribute and must be show related.
- Sample sizes must be limited to 2 ounces of beverage and 2 ounces of food. No food or beverage may be sampled or given away outside of the exhibit hall or inside any meeting rooms of the Convention Center. If an exhibitor’s request for sampling exceeds the predetermined size portions or seems to be quantities exceeding sampling guidelines, it may be deemed appropriate by Aramark to assess a corkage fee for the privilege of bringing their product into Convention Center.
- All companies sampling must have and present certificate of insurance (COI) listing MFV Expositions LLC, Village of Rosemont, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center and Aramark Sports & Entertainment LLC as additionally insured. Exhibitors must submit both (COI) and Authorization to Sample forms together to Aramark in order to be approved.
- Food and beverage "Traffic Promoters" must be purchased through Aramark. Small candies such as mints are permitted. Exhibitors are not allowed to hand out food and beverage as an enticement to attract delegates to their booth if their product has no relation to food and beverage.
- Illinois state law prohibits anyone other than the alcohol license holder to distribute or bring into the licensed establishment (Donald E. Stephens Convention Center) any alcoholic beverages for the purpose of traffic promotion. All alcoholic beverages must be purchased from the alcoholic beverage license holder.
- An exhibitor may bring in logo’d bottled water. A corkage fee will apply and the rate set by Aramark. Aramark reserves the right to control the quantity of logo’d bottled water brought into the facility. Product must be shipped to Donald E. Stephens Convention Center Warehouse prior to the start date of the event and delivery fees to the booth will apply. For more details contact the Director of Catering at 847-692-6415.
For cooking restrictions, see Fire Regulations/Cooking. All food and beverage storage space is reserved for Aramark use. Arrangements may be made to rent storage space on-site, on a space availability basis. Contact the catering sales General Manager to discuss your requirements.
FURNITURE & ACCESSORIES
A selection of furniture is available from Rosemont Exposition Services. Orders must be received by August 23 to qualify for advance order discount prices. No phone orders accepted.
GUEST PASS PROGRAM DETAILS
Email Free Franchise Expo Tickets to Your Best Prospects
As an exhibitor, you can target prospects you want to meet face to face with an email campaign featuring your complimentary E-Guest Pass. Check your Exhibitor Newsletter for when this will be available. If you do not receive your E-Guest Pass, contact Corali.Romero@comexposium.com.
Hall lighting will be at half power only during move-in and move-out. One hundred percent lighting will be provided during show hours beginning 60 minutes prior to show opening on Friday. Exhibitors may choose to enhance their booth with track or spot lighting which is permitted.
HANGING SIGNS & RIGGING
Exhibitors with peninsula or island booths of 400 square feet or more may suspend signs from the ceiling structure over their exhibit booth. The bottom of the sign must be 11 feet from the floor and cannot be taller than 6 feet. Signs will be hung by Rosemont Exposition Services labor. The exhibitor or EAC must be present at time of installation and removal. No other firm will be allowed access to the ceiling of the Convention Center. If you require this service, please review and submit the Labor Form. All signs to be hung from the ceiling must be sent in a separate container on a separate bill of lading. This container should be shipped in advance to the Rosemont Exposition Services advance warehouse. For clarification, please contact Rosemont Exposition Services at 847-696-2208.
FEChicago official show hotels can be seen here. Reservations should be made as soon as possible by contacting EXPO TRAVEL, INC. or 201-722-9731.
Internet access and networking services are available through Rosemont by using the Wireless Internet Instructions and Internet and Network Service Contract. Please order no later than August 23 to receive the discounted rate.
Skilled labor to install and dismantle exhibits is available from Rosemont Exposition Services by ordering through the Labor Order and Key Information Forms no later than August 23. If a representative of the exhibitor is not able to supervise labor during installation or break-down, Rosemont Exposition Services offers expert supervisory service. Any exhibitor using labor other than their own full-time company employees or that supplied by Rosemont Exposition Services should refer to Exhibitor Appointed Contractors above.
LEAD RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS
e-Vents Registration’s lead retrieval devices are available to exhibitors for gathering sales leads on the show floor. See the many options available and order using the Lead Retrieval Order Form. Be sure to receive a discount by ordering by August 23.
If your exhibit requires lifting or rigging equipment for installation or dismantling, please complete the In-Booth Forklift Order Form and Labor Order Form and return by August 23.
MATERIAL HANDLING & DRAYAGE
As the official service contractor for the Franchise Expo Chicago, Rosemont Exposition Services is the exclusive freight receiver. Material handling includes unloading your exhibit material, storing up to 30 days in advance at the warehouse address, delivering to the booth, the handling of empty containers to and from storage, and removing of material from the booth for reloading onto outbound carriers. It should not be confused with the cost to transport your exhibit material to and from the convention or event. You have two options for shipping your advance freight - either to the warehouse or directly to show site. Rates are calculated based on round trip service and are determined by weight of the in-bound shipment. This is also a calculated with a minimum of 100 lbs. Round trip services include:
- unloading crated/packaged freight (for warehouse shipments)
- storing at warehouse for up the 30 days
- reloading onto trucks and delivery to the exhibit site
- unloading freight and delivery to your booth
- picking up, storing and returning empty shipping containers and reloading freight to your assigned Freight Carrier for outbound shipping
Rosemont Exposition Services will also store empty crates and return them at the close of the show. Empty crates are not accessible during the show.
For Hand Carry Guidelines see "Hand Carry" section under shipping.
Example of Drayage Cost Calculation:
Price per CWT
Est. Total Cost (100 lb. Min.)
2 crates - shrink wrapped
637 lbs (rounded up to nearest 100) 700 ÷ 100 =7
÷ 100 =
PLEASE NOTE: Everything must be packed and moved out by 8:00pm Saturday, September 14.
MODELS, HOSTESSES & TEMPORARY STAFF
Exhibitors who require models, hostesses or other staff should refer to the Booth Talent Order Form or contact Event Pros at 480-883-3440 or www.event-pros.com.
MUSIC IN BOOTH & SOUND EQUIPMENT
Exhibitors with 400 sq. ft. or more may use PA or microphone systems. Exhibitors using monitors or demonstrating mechanical or electrical equipment should ensure that noise levels do not cause annoyance to their neighbors. Show Management reserves the right to determine acceptable levels of noise. Exhibitors wishing to play music in their booth must first get approval from the licensing organizations ASCAP, BMI and SESAC.
Parking at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, is $15.00 per 24 hrs with no in and out privileges. You can with either cash or credit card. At the exit is the PayStation and they take cash or credit cards.
PRE-SHOW MARKETING PROGRAM
This is what FEChicago is all about - encouraging prospects to meet face-to-face with you and your franchise development team. FEChicago visitors are your most qualified leads. Contact Joseph at 201-881-1666 or Joseph.Cammarato@comexposium.com to maximize your lead generation efforts.
There are numerous ways for exhibitors to enhance their exposure before, during and after the show. Refer to the Promotional Opportunity List or call Joseph at 201-881-1666.
The public address system is for use by Show Management for official announcements only. It is not available for exhibitors or visitors.
RENTAL EXHIBITS & BOOTH DISPLAYS
See Rental Exhibits & Booth Displays.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR EXHIBITING
Exhibitors are advised to carefully read the Terms and Conditions on the back of their Agreement to Exhibit. In addition, special attention should be given to the rules outlined below with respect to behavior of exhibitors during show hours.
- Exhibitor badges are required at all times.
- No more than 3 representatives (6 per 200 square feet, etc.) of the exhibitor may work per 100 square feet of rented space at any one time.
- All sales information, whether written or verbal, must be distributed within the confines of the exhibitors' booth. Exhibitors will not solicit in the aisles or other common areas
- At least one show representative of the exhibitor should be on duty in the booth during all show hours.
- Public address or microphone systems may not be used in a booth smaller than 400 sq. ft. Exhibitors using TV monitors or demonstrating mechanical or electrical equipment should ensure that noise levels do not cause annoyance to their neighbors. Show Management reserves the right to determine acceptable levels of noise.
- In order for a Franchise Broker to exhibit at any of the three franchise expositions produced by MFV in association with the IFA, such Franchise Broker is required to exhibit each and every individual franchising concept in a minimum 10’x10’ booth. In addition, if a Franchise Broker is also a franchisor, such Franchise Broker may exhibit at an MFV sponsored franchise exposition specifically to introduce and sell such concept to prospective franchisees in a separate minimum 10’ X 10’ booth. Such Franchise Broker is not permitted to sell any other franchising concepts from the booth space in which it is selling its concept.
Show security guards will be on duty 24 hours a day. However, they cannot and should not be counted on to provide more than a presence to inhibit theft. The Show hereby gives formal notice to exhibitors that the Show and its management, its agents and its official vendors neither offer nor accept responsibility for exhibitor's property of any kind on the show floor. As an additional safeguard, exhibitors may hire the services of a guard to provide an exclusive presence in their booth using the In-Booth Security Form or by contacting AF Services @ 630-279-0500.
See Booth Set Up Procedures & Regulations.
- Hand Carry: An Exhibitor can only bring material onto the show floor if the exhibitor can, in one trip, hand carry or use nothing larger than a two-wheel cart to bring in material. If your freight requires multiple trips you must have it delivered to the loading dock and material handling fees will be charged. See Material Handling & Drayage.
- Private Owned Vehicles (POV): Exhibitor owned and operated vehicles and pickup trucks can unload and hand carry in by using the parking lot which is attached to the Center.
- Delivery to Center: It is suggested that you advise your freight carrier to put your freight on pallets and shrink wrap it so it doesn’t get mixed with other freight on the truck. Additional handling fees will be charged if freight from several exhibitors mixes together on the truck.
- Freight Carrier: Exhibitors are welcome to use any carrier they choose. Quad Express is the preferred shipper for FEChicago and can be contacted by calling 1-800-388-4112 or visiting www.qwexpologistics.com. Complete the Transportation Order Form and return to Quad Express. To avoid additional material handling fees, advise your carrier to "shrink wrap and skid" your freight if you have multiple packages. Additional handling fees will be charged if freight from several exhibitors mixes together on the truck. Rosemont Exposition Services Transportation is also available for ground transportation.
- International Shipping: RES International is the official customs broker and freight forwarder for FEChicago. Please see the International Shipping Instructions Form for detailed information for international shipments.
- Shipping Labels & Forms: For your convenience, Shipping Labels are provided within the Material Handling Form, which should be completed and returned to Freeman with payment and copies of bills of lading.
- Payment: Payment for all material handling charges is due prior to the close of show. Remaining balances may be applied to exhibitor's credit card provided that the necessary details and authorization are supplied in advance. Completion of the Payment Form is required for all orders placed with Rosemont Exposition Services.
- Notification: All shipments must be sent prepaid. All shipments should be made on straight bills of lading and addressed identically with exhibit material. Correct weights must be provided otherwise receiver's estimated weights will prevail. A COPY OF BILL OF LADING MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY TO Rosemont Exposition Services.
- Advance Shipments: Freight may be shipped to the advanced warehouse delivered no later than September 11. Advance shipments will be delivered to your booth. See Material Handling for rates.
- ADVANCE SHIPPING WAREHOUSE ADDRESS:
Franchise Expo Chicago
Exhibiting Company Name & Booth Number
c/o Rosemont Exposition Services, Inc.
3412 N. River Road
Franklin Park, IL 60131
- Direct Shipping to the Convention Center: Direct ship to Rosemont to arrive on Thrusday, September 12 from 8 am - 4 pm. Every crate and item shipped must be labeled as mentioned below. Freight not addressed properly will not arrive to the exhibit hall and may not be discovered until after the Expo. If freight is not placed in care of (c/o) Rosemont Exposition Services; you may not receive your freight. Contact Operations at 201-881-1658 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. See Material Handling for rates.
- DIRECT SHIPPING EXHIBIT ADDRESS: Franchise Expo Chicago
Exhibiting Company Name & Booth Number
c/o Rosemont Exposition Services
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
9300 Williams Street
Rosemont, IL 60018
- Outbound Shipments: You may ship materials from the Show via any carrier. However, Quad Express is the preferred shipper and will be on site to assist. You may call them prior to the show at 800-388-4112 or complete the Transportation Order form. Rosemont Exposition Services Trans is also available for ground transportation. After your material is packed, you must pick up and file a material handling order form at the Rosemont Exposition Services service desk for freight retrieval. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to complete the Material Handling Order Form (including the name of the shipping company picking up your freight and the date for pick up) and file with Rosemont Exposition Services. A representative should remain to watch their property until it has been retrieved by Rosemont Exposition Services staff. NOTE:
Exhibitor material not picked up by 8:00pm, Saturday, September 14 will be forced to another carrier at the exhibitor's cost.
Quad Express will be onsite to handle all freight shipments. Please contact www.qwexpologistics.com or 800-388-4112 with any questions.
Booth Carpet: Blue Tuxedo
Aisle Carpet: Blue Tuxedo
* Supplier Section: Booth and aisle carpet: Grey
| Friday, September 13
||10:00am to 4:00pm
Exhibitors will have access to the show floor starting at 8:00am
| Saturday, September 14
||10:00am to 4:00pm
Exhibitors will have access to the show floor starting at 8:00am
Official FEChicago Logos, which can be used to promote your participation in the Show, can be obtained from Rebecca at Rebecca.Mclouth@comexposium.com or 201-881-1610.
SHOW MANAGEMENT OFFICE
The Show Management office will be located in Hall G within the Sales office, Booth 728.
All signage must be confined to the exhibitor's booth area except for ceiling suspended signs (see Labor), which are only permitted over booth spaces 400 square feet or larger. Custom signs can be produced and delivered to your booth by using the Signage & Graphics Order Form.
Rosemont is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
The Fire Marshal absolutely prohibits the storage of empty containers in the Exhibit Hall. All empty crates, cases, boxes must be removed from booth during exhibit days. All containers should be clearly marked with exhibitor's name and booth number. Empty stickers are available at the Rosemont Exposition Services Service Desk located in the front of exhibit hall.
- Accessible Storage during Show Days: A storage area will be available for exhibitors’ literature and samples within the exhibit hall. Rosemont Exhibition Services staff will be available to access the storage items during show hours, one hour prior to show opening and one half hour after show closing each day. To learn more about this service and pricing refer to the Accessible Storage Order Form.
- Empty Storage: When finished unpacking, empty shipping containers that have Empty stickers affixed to them will be picked up, stored and returned at the close of the show. It is not possible to access empty containers during the show as they will be stored off-site.
The booth drape throughout the supplier section will be black. All exhibitors in the supplier section will receive a 6’ black skirted table, 2 chairs, grey carpet and a wastebasket per 100 sq. ft.
Exhibitors who require a telephone in their booth should order in advance using the Telecommunications Services Order Form no later than August 23. Any questions should be directed to 847-696-2208.
THIRD PARTY BILLING
If an exhibitor appoints a third party company to order display requirements or services on their behalf from Rosemont Exposition Services they must return a completed copy of the Third Party Billing Request. NOTE: The exhibiting company is ultimately responsible for any outstanding charges or services supplied.
Show Management requests that exhibitors do not tip at the Convention Center. Tipping on site is considered a destructive practice leading to a lack of rapport between management and labor.
Please know in advance that union labor may be required for certain aspects of your exhibit handling. There are also a number of things exhibitors can do without union personnel. To help you understand the jurisdiction that the various unions have, we ask that you read Union Jurisdictions at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.
VEHICLES ON DISPLAY
All vehicles entering the exhibit floor for booth display purposes will be spotted by Rosemont Exhibitor Services. A spotting fee of $150.00 will be charged roundtrip for all vehicles. (See Vehicle Spotting Order Form)
Vehicles may not be moved during show hours and must do the following:
- Disconnect and tape battery terminals
- Remove all but no more than one eighth tank of gas in the fuel tank
- Lock fuel tank to prevent the escape of vapors
VIDEOTAPING & BROADCASTING
Videotaping, filming, or sound recording within FEChicago is prohibited without the prior written consent of Show Management. Contact Rebecca at Rebecca.Mclouth@comexposium.com or call 201-881-1610 for more information.